Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views + Access

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello, how are you?

I am developing a membership site with your plugins and I have a question.

I created several different CPTs, with different views.
I also created several user roles and groups of posts.

However, the views I created do not filter by the groups of posts, that is, it brings all the results, ignoring the rules of the groups, how do I do it to be filtered correctly by Access?

I'm using the classic version of the views editor.

I did several tests of memberhips plugins and only 1 was able to correctly filter the content controlled by Access, however, it is very bad to use, it is the "Woocommerce Memberships".

I'm waiting.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The thing is that views output is not controlled by Access and this feature request is already filed and our Devs is already aware about this but there is no ETA when that feature is added and published so that view's loop output also controlled by Access.

Currently, if you want to show/hide those post from view's output based on the different roles and the post group you set to your posts, you need to use the view's filter hook: wpv_filter_query
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

Here is the related ticket that you may check and review how you can add the wpv_filter_query hook and what code you need to add with that filter:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/content-restricted-by-post-groups-still-showing-in-view/#post-1163812
- You need to adjust the code as per the need but please let me know if you need help with that.

Hello Minesh!

what a pity! this would be very good if it had, currently I was able to use a very good access control plugin that controls this very well, but if it was controlled by access it would be perfect.

I hope this will be released soon.

thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I've raised your voice to our internal ticket. However - the only way is to use the workaround I shared.

Here is another way using [wpv-conditiona] shortcode:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-view-does-not-display-translated-content-wpml-according-toolset-access/page/4/#post-1669811

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.