Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Won't Print

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by suzyo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 11.30.50 PM.png

I've got a post type that prints a view, whichever one I add the shortcode for.

I've got a post type and a view and content template for SALES, and I believe everything is the same as for the ones that work, but it won't work. It's this one: hidden link

This (see image) prints, but doesn't pull up a result.

This one works fine, for instance: hidden link

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'll have to check and review how you have configured your view. Could you please share admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The issue was you have added the wrong content template name within the view's loop.

You have added the following content template:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-search-sales-by-regions"]

but the correct name for content template is: "loop-item-in-search-sales-by-regions"

I've replaced the content template as follows within the view loop:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-search-sales-by-region"]

I can see its displaying the correctly now. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

You are FABULOUS. I thought I was losing my mind. (Maybe I am.) THANK YOU.

Okay, so now, search doesn't pick up any sales results and I'm as dumb as I was before.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you, it happens and nothing to worry, we are always here and happy to help.

Can you please elaborate bit more when you say "search doesn't pick up any sales results"? would you mind to guide me what is the actual problem now.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 12.59.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 12.59.47 PM.png

Okay, thanks! Search for "White Heron Lakeview Chalet" and you'll get nothing.

Minesh
Supporter

That is not a text search. Here is the doc about how you can build text search within the custom fields.
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

That is a different issue and we always suggest users to create a new ticket with every new question they may have. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

I would like to know, you want to search for title - correct? do you want to build search result archive or you want to add search text box where you should add/input keywords to search within the post title?

Hi, Minesh! I just want regular search, like I have for everything else!

Minesh
Supporter

I see you created the "Search Result" archive:
=> hidden link

And with the "Search Result" archive, you did not included the post type "Sales" I've included it and I can see its showing the result as expected.
=> hidden link

Could you please confirm it works at your end as well.

You are fabulous. Thank you so much. I'll go ahead and close this.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. You are welcome to mark resolve this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.