Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View with search has incorrect Order by

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
View with search has incorrect Order by

Solution:
User was using the "Post Type Order" plugin that was overriding the view's orderby option. Disabling the plugin "Post Type Order" helps resolving the issue.

You can find proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-with-search-has-incorrect-order-by/#post-2068795

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JamesS2731 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to get the product listed in a view to display in alphabetical order (post title). No matter what I try, the results are always displayed in created order.

View in question can be found on this page - hidden link

I've tried amending the main order by box, adding inline orderby and swapping out the Elementor views box for a text box and using either of the following:

[wpv-view name="product-grid-with-search-2" orderby="wpv-post-title" order="asc"]

[wpv-view name="product-grid-with-search-2" orderby="post-title" order="asc"]

Is there any documentation that you are following? Multiple previous support threads

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Any thoughts or ideas most appreciated as always.

Kind regards
James

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please try to use the following shortcode and check if that help you to resolve your issue:

[wpv-view name="product-grid-with-search-2" orderby="title" order="asc"]

Hi Minesh,

Many thanks for your quick response. I've just added that but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Its still displaying the products by date created order (sorry!) - hidden link

Is there anything else that I should try?

Best regards
James

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share admin access details so I can check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install that you are using the post type order plugin that could be the overriding the sort order.

I see the query set to menu_order and then post title so either from any of the third-party plugins or theme is overriding the order.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and to know what plugin/theme is causing the issue:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Please try to deactivate third-party plugins one-by-one to check what plugin is causing the issue that overrides the over.

Minesh, you're a genius! It was the Post Types Order plugin. I should've spotted that.

Many thanks for all of your help.

Kind regards
James

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.