Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View to Show Content from the Current Post Only

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
View to Show Content from the Current Post Only

Solution:
You should create a taxonomy view and add a query filter for "taxonomy term" and filter by ""Set by the page where this View is inserted".

You can find the propsoed solution, in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-to-show-content-from-the-current-post-only/#post-1154557

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-44 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a strange request, but I suspect there might be a solution in Toolset.

The theme I'm using (Divi Child) does not display Tags as part of the current post metadata. It's an oversight on their part, and I've asked them to fix the problem. But today, I had the crazy idea that I might be able to work around the problem by creating a view into the current post that does nothing more than extract the tags, which I can then display on the same page as the current post.

Is this possible? If so, how do I set up the view?

Thanks,

David McLeod

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as I understand you want to display the assigned Tags to the current post you display - correct? If yes:

What if you try to create a taxonomy view and add a filter for terms.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

I understand about taxonomy filtering. The problem is, a filter can only be used inside a view, which is usually a loop on some posts. Then the filter can be used to limit which posts are included in the loop.

My problem is different. I already have a post displayed using the single.php file. What I want to do is include a VIEW inside that page that displays ONLY the tags for the current post, nothing more. This has nothing to do with filtering, but rather displaying specific content for the current post on the same page where the post is already being displayed.

David

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

What I want to do is include a VIEW inside that page that displays ONLY the tags for the current post, nothing more.
==> Yes - I understand this and that is why I mean with my previous reply.

So - you should try to follow the following steps:
=> create a taxonomy view and set its content to Tags
=> setup content you want to display within the "Loop Editor"
=> Navigate to "Query Filter" section and click on the button "Add a filter"
-- select "Taxonomy term" and add query filter
-- select "Set by the page where this View is inserted" and save the filter
=> Add the view where you want to display it

Do the above steps help you to resolve your issue? If no, Please get in touch with me I will be happy to guide you in the right direction.

Yes, that does it. Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier statement.

Cheers,

David

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.