Skip Navigation

[Resolved] vertical aligment different in german and english

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
in german:hidden link
in english: hidden link

I expected to see:
its the same content-template, why the difference in vertical alignment?
Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Heinrich,

Thank you for getting in touch. The problem here is that you are using 2 different images with 2 different heights. Here is the image for the English.
hidden link

Here is the image for the german
hidden link

Notice the English version has quite a bit of empty space on it. So you will need to crop this out from the English image.

Thanks,
Shane

hi shane,

tks for your info, the picture is content of a custom field. i cannot edit the field in the english translation. the settings in the field are: copy from original and translate. how to change the picture?

br heinrich

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Heinrich

You can select translate for the custom field on the english site and then remove this image and replace it with the new cropped image.

Also this can be made easier if you have the WPML Media plugin installed as you can set images to be a direct translation.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#translating-attached-images-and-other-media

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.