Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using woocommerce attributes and frontend editing of woocommerce products

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kaiD 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
FireShot Capture 234 - Eigenschaften ‹ Toolset Beta Testseite — WordPress_ - ts-beta.aufdenpunkt.digital.jpg
FireShot Capture 235 - Einstellungen ‹ Toolset Beta Testseite — WordPress_ - ts-beta.aufdenpunkt.digital.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like to add attributes for woocommerce products. For Example: color, size…
These attributes should be editable via front end editing. Also i would like to use them as filter fields for the archive pages.

I was wondering if i can use the woocommerce standard attribute fields. But i´ve read that these fields can´t be used in a cred form as it is described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/creating-woocommerce-products-using-cred-forms/
Is this still up to date?
Also i was wondering if i can use the standard attributes for the filter fields. I´ve seen that i am able to activate the field “_product_attributes” under Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content. But i defined a product attribute group called “material”. If i like to use these specific attribute group, don´t there have to be a field called “material” that i need to activate?

If i can´t use the standard woocommerce attribute fields i guess i have to add custom fields which i´ll create via types. My question here is: Is it possible to add new values for a custom field via front end editing? For example if i have a custom field defined as dropdown called “color” which already has the values “red” and “blue” and now a new value “black” should be added. Is that only possible in the backend or is there a way to add it via front end?

Thanks for your help

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I have a test site on which i´ve added the attribute group "material" hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kai,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The document below is still up to date with the latest compatibility with our Toolset forms and Woocommerce.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/creating-woocommerce-products-using-cred-forms/

Also i was wondering if i can use the standard attributes for the filter fields. I´ve seen that i am able to activate the field “_product_attributes” under Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content. But i defined a product attribute group called “material”. If i like to use these specific attribute group, don´t there have to be a field called “material” that i need to activate?

If you're created Material under the product_attributes then it won't be a separate field called Material but it will be a value or a meta inside the _product_attributes field.

If i can´t use the standard woocommerce attribute fields i guess i have to add custom fields which i´ll create via types. My question here is: Is it possible to add new values for a custom field via front end editing? For example if i have a custom field defined as dropdown called “color” which already has the values “red” and “blue” and now a new value “black” should be added. Is that only possible in the backend or is there a way to add it via front end?

Unless this field is a single line or taxonomy field then no it won't be possible to add a new attribute on the frontend. You will need to add all the color options from the backend.

I hope I was able to clear things up for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

thanks for the info.
I´ve checked it and realized that if you define an attribute like "color" for example you are able to select this field as a new taxonomy which has the name you defined under attributes. That´s make it easy to use it for the filters.

Sadly at the moment there is no front end editing for attributes recommended. If your team will be able to fix this, it will be a great thing. Also it would be really great if i can add new values to existing (dropdown) custom fields via front end editing. With this it would be able to add and change woocommerce products without going in the backend.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.