Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using theme option in New Post Type

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 2 months ago.

Author
q_02.jpg
q_01.jpg

I have created a new Post Type in the website. When I tried create a new item(post) in this Post Type, I cannot use the wp theme's options.

Attachment "q_01.jpg" is the new item created in custom post type. Attachment "q_02.jpg" is the edit post created in default "Posts". As you can see(circle in red), some of the options cannot use in custom post type.

How can I do in order to set the custom post type option as same as the default "Post" one?
Thank you for your attention!

That is because your Theme or Plugin that delivers those options does not Support Custom Post Types.

I am quite sure that if you use this tool here (hidden link) and generate a Custom Post Type with it, that Custom Type as well does not feature the settings.

Is this correct?
In case you can see the settings in such a new Custom Type, please let me know.
I will then as well need to know the exact steps you take to have those options in native Posts, which means, I will need to know what Theme and Plugin you use for this, and how.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.