Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Oxygen to built Toolset block Views

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John Mac 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm working on a second copy of this new project now. As I moved all CPT and CF over to Toolset. But I need to continue building this site using Oxygen. I'm trying to display a list of CPT on another CPT there is a relationship too. I had a design done in Oxygen, but it seems harder to get keep this design without doing a lot of manual CSS coding.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have been looking at your videos on Oxygen integration. I have also checked Oxygen's video on using Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The product list on the bottom of this previous dev site is how it should look: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
This is "dev2", version two of the project in the works. Here's the same list done using Toolset blocks. Which is very limiting and not easy to work with.
hidden link

Is there any way I can create a design using Oxygen, adding in the Toolset custom fields in that design, making it an Oxygen block, and add the block into the Toolset view?

I tried this, but it's just not working.

John

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John Marc,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately it seems that I need to log into the dev site 2 to see the issue.

Could you provide the login for this so that I can have a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

I looked at it and it pretty much looks fine to me.

The issues you are having its really css to resolve. I'm assuming your making some references to the fonts, images etc.

If you provide a screenshot of what exactly you want to replicate perhaps I can provide some info.

Thanks,
Shane

That's what I sent you in the first post here. Here it is again.
The product list on the bottom of this previous dev site is how it should look (done with Oxygen): hidden link

And here is my question again regarding that.

Is there any way I can create a design using Oxygen, adding in the Toolset custom fields in that design, making it an Oxygen block, and add the block into the Toolset view?

I tried this, but it's just not working.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 2.48.25 PM.png

Hi John,

s there any way I can create a design using Oxygen, adding in the Toolset custom fields in that design, making it an Oxygen block, and add the block into the Toolset view?

I'm assuming that you are referring to these blocks here. See Screenshot

If that is the case then you should be able to do this, Once you add the block to the view it should allow you to replace some of the items with our own custom fields so that view can list it out.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, I'm referring to blocks made using Oxygen builder. I have tried this now, but I'm not getting this to work at all.

For the post-type Superstacks, I'm supposed to list Contributions in relationship to specific Superstack posts. I understand that I have to create a Toolset View to be able to list these Contribution posts in a design.

To be able to keep the design I have done in Oxygen, and to built things nicely without the limiting and clunky WP block editor, I went and updated my Oxygen block template to fetch data from Toolset fields.
hidden link

I save this block design. And go into my Toolset View and add it there. But this doesn't seem to work.

hidden link

No data is getting picked up from the custom fields in Toolset

The block editor is a quick way to create and display chunks of info and content. But it's not looking good at all.

Do you see what I'm trying to do? And do you still think I should be able to create Block designs in Oxygen, connect to Toolset fields, and use those blocks in a View to list posts?

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Ok thank you for the clarity, unfortunately this one you will need to get in touch with the Oxygen team for as it seems it isn't able to get the information from the custom fields.

Have you already reported this to their team so that they can have a look ?

It should work if they are able to get the data from the fields. Its quite possible that their fields are looking for the slug without the "wpcf-" prefix attached to the custom fields slug.

if this is not there then it won't work.

I would check to see if there is a way to manually specify the field slug for their dynamic field blocks.

Thanks,
Shane

Okay, so then you're saying that it should be working well to use an Oxygen block as a View for connected posts in Toolset?

I will consider what you said and make sure that I use direct and clear slug names when building this in Oxygen. I believe I have tried both, but I will look over again.

I'll check this, and if it's not working as you mentioned above, I will get in touch with Oxygen right away. 🙂

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 15.32.33.png

I checked now, and I'm adding in a screenshot here showing a part of the Oxygen design for a Block that shows the custom field.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 16.02.27.png

My second update on this post:

I just discovered an issue. The reason I didn't get things to work by using an Oxygen design block in a Toolset view is that the content wouldn't render. Just a blank page.

I just tried again now and discovered that Oxygen DO fetch the Toolset CF. But as soon as I'm trying to fetch the post body content, the page wont render again.

Look at the field just below "Included in this deal": That's the Oxygen filed I'm using to get the post content. But that's not working so well.

Why could this be? Does Toolset have another field option to fetch the post body?

If this won't work, it seems I would have to ditch the native WP post body and create a Toolset custom field with for text to be able to pick it up?

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Thank you for the update.

Yes toolset does have a custom field to fetch the post body.

You can use this shortcode [wpv-post-body] to get the body content of your post.

Thanks,
Shane

Okay, thanks. Then I will keep that in mind.

Right now I see that using Toolset to create Views with Oxygen is not working so well. Also the WP Block editor is a very simplified place to mock up content on a page. But there's a lot of work to make it look good.

I'm still a little stuck. But I think we just have to close this one for now as I wont be able to find a solution.

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Thank you for the update.

If there are no further questions or concerns that you have relating to this specific issue then you can go ahead and mark the ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Still a little stuck with the combination of using Toolset and Oxygen builder. For now, I will have to stick with a half-way solution and a lot of CSS coding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.