Skip Navigation

[Closed] Using Maps Slows Down Pages

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

I know adding Google Maps to any page will slow it down however to the extent we are seeing seems crazy.

Is there no way of adding a Toolset map to a page so speed and performance is not compromised.

We are using Gutenberg Blocks with the Kadence Theme.
We have tried adding a View Block to the page with a pre made map...slows the page down.
We have tried adding a map, created in blocks using the Toolset Map Block and hidden in a popup, this slows the page down.

By that I mean:

Without map, we have a DOM size of about 800 and a fully load page in 0.6 seconds.

With any map, a DOM size of 2700+ and a a fully load page in 5.6 seconds.

A crazy difference between the two. A map is pretty important to many of our pages, whether a static Google map or interactive, no matter what we do it impacts on the speed so much so.

Any thoughts to improve this at all?

Many thanks, Pete

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You are correct in saying Google maps does slow down the page and its mainly because of the request and waiting on the requests to be completed by Google's API.

However can you send me a link to the page that is loading slowly ? Also have you employed the use of caching to help reduce the server requests as well ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Using Maps Slows Down Pages’ is closed to new replies.