Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using image for Shortcode for Create child post link

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antonK-2 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've created Shortcode for Create child post link on Parent post page using instruction below. Link works and display as link.

Please advise whether it's possible to connect this link with picture. I'd like user sees image, press on image and moving by link to create child post.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/

Thank you in advance!
Anton

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know did you added a create new child post link or edit child post link.

Can you please share URL where you added the link as well as tell me what shortcode you used to display that link.

Additionally - Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Снимок экрана 2023-05-25 в 12.26.00.png

create new child post link

Shortcode was created automatically as a result of following instruction:

1. Field & Text
2. Add Form
3. Create Child Post Link

as a result

Shortcode for Create child post link
[cred_child_link_form form='1402' parent_id='-1' text='Получить Волшебную Стрелу' target='_self']

url is available for registered users only. If it's required I'll grant access.

I'd like to know whether it's possible to connect the link to picture.

Sincerely
Anton

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know what is the page where you are displaying your form?

It would be quick if you can share admin access details and content template link and frontend link where you are trying to display the child post link.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

When I try to access the wp-admin or wp-login.php file it shows me not found. Can you please tell me what URL I should use to login to the admin section.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

pls enter from main page form legkienoty.com

Minesh
Supporter

On the following page I can see you are having two images in the center:
- hidden link

You want to link the child post link to those images? if yes:

For the first bird image:
What if you add the your desired link and pass the [wpv-post-id] as parent URL to the image blokc's "Link Settings" tab add the following URL:
- hidden link;

Then for the second image:
What if you add the your desired link and pass the [wpv-post-id] as parent URL to the image blokc's "Link Settings" tab add the following URL:
=> hidden link;

Please check the following screenshot:
- hidden link

It's required that post id to be set automatically depends from parent page. id cannot be hardcoded.

Minesh
Supporter

If you check my previous reply closely:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/using-image-for-shortcode-for-create-child-post-link/#post-2610521

See the link I shared:
- - hidden link;

As you can see we are passing the [wpv-post-id] shortcode so it will add the dynamic current post ID (that is eventually the parent post id).

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.