Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using a custom post's taxonomy in it's Meta title / description using Rank Math

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by graemeH-3 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

I'm trying to set the meta title and description of my custom posts to show the name of the post, followed by it's custom taxonomy category as this would result in a descriptive and logical title.

I'm not seeing any way to add the name of a post's custom taxonomy though, just the regular wordpress category, which of course they do not belong to.

I found some other threads asking this same question from 6 years ago in 2016.

Is there finally a way to be able to do this "simple" task?

I found another thread showing how you can display a custom post's custom field's in the meta title and description, but unfortunately this doesn't make much sense in my case and I need the custom taxonomy..

Thanks!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Toolset has no control over the way Rank Math detects the dynamic data. You will need to contact Rank Math support and ask if they support custom taxonomies.

Toolset uses the standard WordPress custom taxonomy creation method, that is why you can use the custom taxonomy slug in the Rank Math options if they have such a feature

I spent some time checking their documentation and found out the item below that might be a good starting point:

hidden link

Other than the information above, I do not see any other way we can be of help here as we are not familiar how Rank Math detects custom taxonomies.

Thanks.

Thanks for the link, looked promising until I tried it and it didn't work.

I know Rank Math can see my custom taxonomies also, because they're right there to set meta titles and descriptions for their archive pages.

I've submitted a help ticket to Rank Math.

It seems like this must be a pretty common issue though, I'm surprised there isn't a standard solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.