Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Users with role- Editor, can't add media to post.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Error_add_media.png

I am trying to: add media to a post, with role EDITOR, but nothing happends when I click add on the image I try to add. Works as Administrator. Editor-Role is equal to Admin on Media and Post in Access

Post data-lazy-src=
Insert Media.png
Edit Media.png
Access - Posts.png
Access - Media.png

If your Editors Settings in Access are the exact same as for Admin, in the Section "posts" and "media", you will have the exact same rights as the Admin and be able to add / edit Images as a Editor

I attached some screenshots.

If this does not work with the same settings on your end, you either have another Toolset version (not the actual stable) or a Compatibility issue.

To check that, make sure your Toolset and WordPress is up to date, and check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.