Skip Navigation

[Closed] Users report seeing content that should be restricted

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years, 10 months ago.

Author

I'm using toolset access to restrict access to content based on roles.

I have reports from 2 users telling me that they were able to see content that should have been restricted to them.

The problem is experienced on this page: hidden link

I have this page set up to deliver content based on the logged in user's role. The layout has three sections. Access to the content of each section is controlled by the following shortcodes in this order:

[toolset_access role="administrator" operator="allow"] admin content [/toolset_access]

<p>[toolset_access role="property_owner" operator="allow"][wpv-view name="property-owner-admin-view" cached="off"][/toolset_access]</p>

[toolset_access role="renter" operator="allow"]
[wpv-view name="rental-application-view"]
[/toolset_access]

I am concerned that there is a bug allowing restricted content to be viewed, despite measures to control access to it. But it could also be that I have it set up wrong. At any rate, can you help me figure this out? Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Do you have more specific details about the users, what their roles are and what content they saw that they shouldn't have?

Taking your first example:

[toolset_access role="administrator" operator="allow"] admin content [/toolset_access]

This means that only users with the role of administrator will see the inner content "admin content".

I took a quick look at the source code of the plugin to double-check that that really is how it works, and it is.

So you are doing it correctly as far as I can see, and we'd need some specific examples of how it is failing to be able to investigate further.

The topic ‘[Closed] Users report seeing content that should be restricted’ is closed to new replies.