Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Username stored differently in two registration forms

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have two CRED registration forms -
1) for subscriber - hidden link
2) for pending user - hidden link

The two forms are storing the username differently in WP.

If the user registers with test_user@gmail.com
1) registers the username as test_user
2) registers the username as test_user@gmail.com

I want the username to be without @gmail.com in both forms.

What am I missing?

You can view the form set up here - hidden link

I am on US time so can you please assign the ticket to a person that works on US time?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I had a look at both forms, however the form below is not made with Toolset Forms.
hidden link

The form above appears to be made by the WP Forms plugin. Also the video was loading extremely slowly so i'm not able to watch it in its entirety.

If you have 2 forms made by our Toolset Forms plugin then they should produce the same results. Perhaps you may not have switched the WP Forms on the page to the Toolset one.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

I changed the form today because the toolset form does not support email confirmation on registration.

However, for the sake of this discussion, I am going to revert back to the toolset form and let you see it for yourself.

The only difference between the toolset form is
1) User has to enter the First Name, Last Name, and Password but the User Name is auto-generated
2) User only has to enter First and Last Name, the User Name and Password are both auto-generated.

Please try again

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 11.02.36 AM.png

Hi Himanshu,

I did a short test on my end to see if I can replicate this issue.

I can replicate it only when i've removed the username field and the form was not set to Auto Generate the username. In this case the user's email will be used.

To resolve this you will need to edit your form in the visual builder mode and then enable the Auto Username generation See Screenshot.

Simply removing the field alone in expert mode won't generate the username without the @email.com at the end.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.