Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User views are not showing in blocks editor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
User views are not showing in blocks editor

Solution:
As of now, taxonomy and user views are not supported with block based view.

To display the user view you need to add the "Fields and Text" block and use the "Views" icon to add the user view.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to insert an existing view in a block

Post views work fine but if I try to add a user view, they are not listed and appear to be a large blue block in the dropdown.

Something is there because I can click on one (without knowing what it is) and a view appears to be inserted but then gives the message "Error while retrieving the View preview. The selected View (ID: undefined) was not found."

I have tried setting up a new site and importing views but get the same issue so i don't think this relates to a plugin/theme conflict.

Here is a video hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - this is expected. As of now, taxonomy and user views are not supported with block based view.

To display the user view you need to add the "Fields and Text" block and use the "Views" icon to add the user view.

Thanks Minesh. I hadn't realised this. When I searched documentation I didn't see anything which specifically said this. I will continue to use shortcodes for now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.