Skip Navigation

[Resolved] user registration form: require email address twice, compare/reject if not same

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joe H. 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a front end user registration form that asks for an email address. Is there no way to validate the email address by asking for it a 2nd time and comparing the 2 entries, and rejecting if they do not match? This is extremely common and weeds out people mis-typing their own email address. I can not find a field to accomplish this with and am surprised if it is not included in toolset.

"Please enter your email address"
"Please re-enter your email address" <-results in error if not the same as first

What is the link to your site?
toys.blueoakschurch.org

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I am afraid there is not such a field or feature in Toolset Forms. If you believe this should be part of Toolset, please ask for it here https://toolset.com/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

However, you can still implement this feature with some custom codes. This is what you will need:
- Use a generic email field for the email-confirmation. And give it a slug.
- Use a custom Javascript code to perform the validation in the frontend.
- Use a custom PHP code to perform the validation on the server after submitting the form. You will need to hook into the cred_form_validate filter.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_form_validate

You can find examples of uses of generic fields and validation with this scoped google search hidden link

I hope this answers your request. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for answering my question

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.