Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User registration form is not visible to not logged-in users

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Valeriia 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, I have two problems:

1. I created a form for user registration but it's only visible to Administrator. In the bottom of the form settings page I see "To control who can see and use this form, go to Access settings", but when I click on the link it brings me to /wp-admin/?page=types_access#__CRED_CRED_USER_GROUP where WP says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page".

In the Access Control itself can't find anything about that.

How do I enable the form for everyone including non logged-in visitors?

2. Same thing with the Edit User form. The link I insert in the View is visible only to Admin.
I need to make it visible for the custom role I created.

Could you help please?

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1. I created a form for user registration but it's only visible to Administrator. In the bottom of the form settings page I see "To control who can see and use this form, go to Access settings", but when I click on the link it brings me to /wp-admin/?page=types_access#__CRED_CRED_USER_GROUP where WP says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page".
=> This issue been already addressed and the official fix will be shipped with next release.

In the Access Control itself can't find anything about that.
How do I enable the form for everyone including non logged-in visitors?
=> For now, to set the CRED form access, you should navigate to:
Toolset => Access Control => Custom Fields (Tab)
-- CRED Frontend Access Group ( For post forms )
-- CRED Users Frontend Access Group (For User forms)

2. Same thing with the Edit User form. The link I insert in the View is visible only to Admin.
I need to make it visible for the custom role I created.
=> Check User forms access settings as described above.

I hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Hi Beda and Minesh,

I managed to make visible the registration form for guests, and the edit form is now visible for my custom role.

But the link in the View that goes to edit user form is still not visible.

Any additional settings?

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

There are no additional settings. Did you set CRED edit form link properly?

Could you please show me the code you are using?

I'm sure I did because I see it as Administrator, but not as my custom role user.

For a test I allowed access to everything for guests, still no link.

[cred_link_user_form form='11' post='[wpv-user field=ID]' form_name='Edit' text='[wpv-user field="user_firstname"]' target='_self']

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try following code:

[cred_link_user_form form='11' post='[wpv-user field="ID"]' form_name='Edit' text='[wpv-user field="user_firstname"]' target='_self']

Hi Minesh,

It doesn't help.

I've set up a system for your colleague to check on another issue, but you can see it there too.

Here is the view where the first column is the name wrapped in the link. You can't see it until you login as Administrator: hidden link

Here is the form itself, so the settings are correct, it's visible to everyone: hidden link

Only the link is not visible.

Would you like me to provide details to access the system?

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - sure.

Could you please send me access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Sorry, I mistakenly have opted for "not private" and lost the ability to provide my details.

Could you do it again please?

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

We've released new Toolset plugin version with new features and fixes.

Could you please update all Toolset plugins to latest official plugin version and try to resolve your issue. You can download it from:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If your issue still persists, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Hi,

After the update, the system I created for you to test displays all links correctly, but my main installation does not.

I close the ticket for now and will try to figure it out. Thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.