Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User registration form 3 issues

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderP-4 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I created a registration form with Toolset on my site. But there are two issues and one question I have:

1. When entering an E-Mail adress which already exists in WordPress there is no error, but the data are not submitted and the form keeps as it is without happening anything.
2. I added a mandatory checkbox for accepting the privacy rules. When clicking it, the same issue as with the existing mail adress. Nothing happens, the forms keeps filled without going on.
3. Is it possible to have new registered users not active till they checked from an admin?

You can test the form if you like: hidden link

Thanks for your help

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1. Regarding the first issue, I suspect that you did not add the "Form messages" field. That field is the one that displays error messages. Check this screenshot hidden link
2. I would say that this happens because of the same issue above(1). Otherwise, I'll need to know how did you implement it, using a generic field? If yes, did you mark it as required?
3. This is not a built-in feature in WordPress. It needs a 3rd party plugin to be implemented, such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-locker/
But, I think that it may be fooled or worked around using Toolset. Create a new custom role with no permissions using the Toolset Access plugin. Configure the form to create users with this role. Because the role has no permissions the users cannot do anything on the site. Then an administrator can change the user's role to let him work on the site. Does it make sense?

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Jamal,

for the first two points, the field you said is already there.
Hier my Form:
[creduserform]
[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='user_login-label']Benutzername[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='user_login' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='first_name-label']Vorname[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='first_name' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='last_name-label']Nachname[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='last_name' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
[cred_field field='beraterbild1' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' preview='filename' previewsize='thumbnail']
<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='user_email-label']E-Mail[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='user_email' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='titel1-label']Titel[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='titel1' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>[cred_i18n name='historie-label']Historie[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='historie' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Einsenden' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg']
[/creduserform]

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I run a test on a clean install and I am getting the error message when using an existing email. You can check it here hidden link
Test with test2@example.com email.

Can I take a copy of your website and analyze it locally? If yes, Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. I'll take the copy using Duplicator plugin. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.