Skip Navigation

[Resolved] user reg form only visible to admin

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
access control.png

I am trying to: get a registration form to display for anyone who is not an admin.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: cred form

Instead, I got: all content, no form.

Using CRED 1.6

I manually created a user, assigned all roles and the only role that can see the form is administrator.

I installed the CRED_Helper.php patch, it didn't change things so I removed it.

also, the access control option at the bottom of the registration form (hidden link) gets me an insufficient permissions error.

I noticed subscribers have toolset editing permissions. How do I change that?

For the life of me i couldn't find the debug option to enable it. I swear I saw it somewhere while clicking around. I don't see a toolset/help option either. Can you tell me where the debug option is?

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Cred-Frontend-Access-Group.jpg

Hello, Carmine.

I would like to welcome you to the Toolset support forum.
I'll try to help you now solve your problem.

First and most important If you haven't done so, I'd like to ask you to please update all your Toolset plugins to latest official release.
We've recently released a big update for all Toolset plugins.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

To enable a custom user to see/edit Cred forms on Access latest version (2.0) go to:
Toolset => Access Control => Custom Fields (tab) => CRED Frotend Access Group.
And change the access priveledges for your custom user.
Please see attached screenshot. Cred-Frontend-Access-Group.jpg
please see out documentation about Access new version:
https://toolset.com/version/access-2-0/

You write that you have noticed that subscribers have editing permissions.
Can you please tell me where you have noticed that?
Can you also attach a screenshot for that so I can better understand?

As for the broken link to Access Settings (access contro.png) at the bottom of each edit Cred form admin page, it is a known issue, and it will be fixed in future updates.
When fixed it will lead you to the relevant control of this form in Access.

The debug info you are looking for is not available at the moment and for now, I can not say when or if it will be available in the future.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, and if you need further help about this.
I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Itamar.

Subscriber has access to toolset_Page_2.png
Subscriber has access to toolset_Page_1.png
Subscriber has access to toolset_Page_3.png
Subscriber has access to toolset_Page_4.png

Itamar,
Thanks for the reply.
YES. All my wp-types plugins are up to date.

YES, enabling 'guest' access to the registration form worked. Thanks.

Attached is a pdf of the 'subscribers have access to toolset' issue.

Thanks,

-Carmine

PS: you really should allow PDF uploads

Itamar
Supporter

custom-role-tab.jpg
change-permissions-window.jpg

Hi, Carmine.

I'm glad that things worked out fine for you.

As for your Subscriber role that can edit Toolset plugins.
I can not replicate this behaviour on my test site.
I would like to ask you please whether you are using the default WordPress Subscriber role for this user or a custom role that you have created?
If it is a custom role so, you can change its permissions through:
Toolset => Access Control => Custom Roles => your_custom_role_name => Change permisions
Please see attached screenshot.

If this is not the case and you get these capabilities enabled for the default Subscriber WordPress role, and there are no other plugins that create users other than Access then I'll have to get deeper into things and ask you the following.

If you agree, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot of your website following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.
Duplicator instructions
- From WordPress plugin page, look for “Duplicator” and install it.
- Once installed, you get a new item in the main menu “Duplicator.”
- Chose “Packages.”
- Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right (“Create Package”)
- Give it a name or leave it as is
- Click on “Create Package Set.”
- Wait until the package is ready
- Click on “Installer”, then on “Package”: the first one is just a PHP script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
- Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to log in.
You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.
Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to take a complete backup of your site and database first before you proceed!

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://toolset.com/home/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Itamar.

Itamar
Supporter

Carmine.

I'm escalating this subscriber user issue to our second tier supporter.
After you have mentioned that the way that it happened is by changing the user role from subscriber to admin and back to subscriber I tried it myself, and indeed this is happening.

You can as workaround solve this by deleting the old problematic subscriber role user and then create a new user with subscriber role.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
I hope that a fix for that will be available soon.
We will keep you informed here in the thread about that.

Thanks,
Itamar.

Hello Carmine,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

We are working on the issue and it's reported to the development team.
So, please keep following this thread and I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hi Carmine,

This is an update that this issue will be fixed in the next release which will be launched very soon.

Please keep following this ticket and I will notify you once we launch this release.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is an update that we've launched a new Toolset release.

Please, backup your website , update all Toolset plugins to the latest versions then test the issue.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.