Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User Fields of Admin Showing on Member Page & Where is Debug Info Now?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by EricP9341 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot-member-profile.jpg
screenshot-myprofile-unilisten2.jpg

Where is the debug information now to give you? You have changed the layout of Toolset in the backend so they are all under one Toolset heading, and no pop-out with "Help" which leads to the debug screen?

In any case, we need to know why the check box input (for languages) – input when the user is registered – is showing up as the correct ones on the this page for a non-administrator user, for example:
hidden link

But on the profile page:
hidden link
which has the same shortcode, for a non-administrator user logged in it shows the languages of the admin? (see screenshots and how the languages shown are different) Is it because it's not in a loop? What would be the solution?

The shortcodes are:

View: Member Profile - Not Logged In

Language Skills: Primary (Mother tongue): [types usermeta="language-skill" separator=", "][/types]
Languages I Am Learning or Interested in:[/wpml-string][types usermeta="language-learning" separator=", "][/types]

User Account Layout:

Language Skills: Primary (Mother tongue): [types usermeta="language-skill" separator=", "][/types]
Languages I Am Learning or Interested in:</strong> [types usermeta="language-learning" separator=", "][/types]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Regarding the debug information:
Please note that this feature was removed in the latest versions of all Toolset plugins. We plan to improve it and re-enable it in the future. However, no exact timeframe is set for this.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regarding your issue:
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please provide admin as well as non-administrator user login.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

After reviewing your setup I found that you are using outdated Types plugin version.

Could you please update Types plugins to it's latest official release version and try to resolve your issue. You can download it from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Also - please note your Toolset subscription is going to expire after 9 days. I kindly request you to renew your subscription.

I had to downgrade Type to 1.8.11 in order to solve the Member Search issue. Please see thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/none-of-the-wcpf-fields-are-available-to-filter-on/

All the sites have been backed up.

Also, when you click on the user name, for example
hidden link
the admin avatar comes up instead:
hidden link

As far as renewing the subscription, my client will make that decision. As it stands now, I have not been able to launch the site with the technical issues that keep coming up with updates and taking so long to resolve issues that get more complex and with support that I don't know where we stand yet.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

We recommend our user to go with latest plugin version. Let's say for now you downgraded and it's working but we are continuously adding new features and adding bug fixes with the official release of any Toolset plugins.

I understand your concern that downgrading the Types fixed your one issue but may be in near future with the new release it will cause new problems due to updates.

I suggest:
-- Start to use the latest version of our Toolset family plugins
-- Check which issue is fixed and which not
-- report each issue you face by creating the new ticket for each issue

Minesh –

The plugins have been updated on the site: hidden link
The client will renew subscription shortly.

The issue remains:

hidden link
then login in as "testuser":
hidden link
show different info for languages.

The related issue (assumed related) remains:
click on user from hidden link
and it shows avatar of admin instead of user:
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please send me access details for: hidden link

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've just made a test.

As a admin (toolsupport) user I've updated the user ID 49 (testuser) provide for language skill and learning.

Then in different browser I login to (testuser) account and I can see the same language skills and learning assigned to the "testuser" account.

Could you please confirm?

Hi Minesh,

Yes that's confirmed that the testuser now has the correct language skills and learning assigned to the "testuser" account. Thank you.
What changed - why is it working now (looking back at the thread it looked like I tested it after upgrading and it didn't work)?

The other issue remains:
when you click on the user name, for example
hidden link
the admin avatar comes up instead:
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I do not have make any change I just tested that checkbox working or no by saving one or more checkboxes but its working.

Have you changed 'testuser' password? could you please share 'testuser' password.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.