Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User fields not displaying in email

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display user custom field within CRED email notificaiton.

Solution:
In order for the field to get the information for the current user being created you must use the user_id="%%USER_USERID%%" attribute.

For example:

[types usermeta="business-address" user_id="%%USER_USERID%%" user_is_author="true"][/types]

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by natashaB 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Display user fields in an email

I visited this URL: hidden link (after logging in with 'usernametesting' / 'testing')

I expected to see: After filling in the form, it emails the form data to admin, using code such as [types usermeta="business-address" user_is_author="true"][/types]

Instead, I got: any time i use the [types usermeta="***" user_is_author="true"][/types], no data is displayed in the email. the shortcode [wpv-user field='user_login'] works fine and displays in the email. The field that isn't showing in the email does save data to the user profile correctly.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I believe this issue is being caused by not providing an id for the notification to tell it which user to display the information for. In order for the field to get the information for the current user being created you must use the user_id="%%USER_USERID%%" attribute.

For example:

[types usermeta="business-address" user_id="%%USER_USERID%%" user_is_author="true"][/types]

Also our documentation on this can be found below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/

I hope this solution will help you to resolve your issue.

Thank you, that has fixed my problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.