Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User edit form: input value of field with multiple instances allowed missing

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I'm trying to edit user profile.

After Toolset upgrades the repetitive field value is empty.
Can't find the right spot in documentation.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tiit

You have an existing edit user form, it contains a custom user field which can have multiple instances, and when you edit a user this field is no longer showing any values? And this happened after an update?

Or are you editing the user profile in the back-end?

What was the update you made (i.e. from what version to what version of what plugin)?

If you check wp_usermeta is there no entry for the custom user field? (Fields are stored with a 'wpcf-' prefix, e.g. "favourite-colour" would be stored with a key of "wpcf-favourite-colour", and if multiple instances of the field are allowed you should see multiple entries with the same key.)

edit profile not ok.png
user profile ok.png
wp-admin ok.png

> ... existing edit user form, it contains a custom user field which can have multiple instances, and when you edit a user this field is no longer showing any values?

Correct.

> Or are you editing the user profile in the back-end?

There looks everything ok with wp_usermeta and at "/wp-admin/user-edit.php", but we talking about CRED user edit form.

> And this happened after an update?

Not sure, but about 16 month ago put in live and now updated all Toolset plugins to latest version.

Take a look at "Car plate" field.

Nigel
Supporter

It could be related to the changes to Forms introduced in 2.4 with the drag and drop editor and expert mode.

That shouldn't have broken anything, but maybe it did in this case.

Could you try recreating the Edit User form? Start with a new form and add in all the fields that your existing form has, then wherever you insert the existing form replace it with the new form.

That's the most direct route I see to getting this working.

> Could you try recreating the Edit User form?

I just did and tested before switching to Expert mode.
But the new drag & drop thing is pretty useless in my case, so i have edit form in Expert mode.

Here is the piece on code to call the Car plate field:

[cred_field field='car-plate-number' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

Is there something missing in code?
PS.
Disabling multiple instances brings the first value up in form.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thanks for the details.

I created a test locally and I can replicate this with the current Forms.

A repeating field on an edit user form shows no values, but if you edit the field settings so that it only accepts a single instance then the first saved value is shown.

It's not something specific to your site.

I've escalated this and I'll report back with the findings of the second tier.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry, I overlooked, we already have this issue reported: https://toolset.com/errata/repeating-user-image-fields-throw-an-error-and-cannot-be-used-on-toolset-user-forms/

It's being actively worked on, so we should have a fix fairly soon.

Until guys are fixing ... CRED 2.4 works well with repetitive fields

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Tiit

We released Forms 2.5.1 which contains a fix for this, if you'd like to update and confirm, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.