Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User CRED Form Notification not Displaying Values Populated in Form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
User CRED Form Notification not Displaying Values Populated in Form

Solution:
You need to use placeholder %%USER_USERID%% with the [wpv-user] shortcode in order to display the custom user field inside the user form email notifications.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/user-cred-form-notification-not-displaying-values-populated-in-form/#post-1123550

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/#inserting-the-user-login-information-fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zacharyL 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Send a notification to admin that shows basic user meta information provided by the user in the registration form.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I loaded the shortcodes into my notification field, as shown in your documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/#inserting-custom-user-fields and I expected to see the values reflected in the notification email.

Instead, I got: The values did not display in the email. Your "Placeholders" worked, but the fields don't for that new user's meta information.

All I'm really trying to do, is give some context to the new user registration. I had previously attempted to do this for another site that allowed for new user registration, and had the same problems, but for that I also utilized Toolset custom fields.

Here is my notification markup for the Refresh Rejuvenation site:

<p>The following user has been registered on the <a href="[wpv-bloginfo show='url']" style="font-weight: bold;">Refresh Rejuvenation</a> website.</p>

<ul>
  	<li><strong>User:</strong> %%USER_EMAIL%%</li>
  	<li><strong>Name:</strong> [wpv-user field="user_firstname"] [wpv-user field="user_lastname"]</li>
</ul>

<p>If you suspect you are receiving illegitimate submissions, especially if they don't result in a transaction, it is highly recommended you visit your <a href="[wpv-bloginfo show='url']/wp-admin/users.php" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold;">Wordpress Dashboard</a>, and delete the users from the database.</p>

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated, but keep in mind this site is in a production environment.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - what if you try to use placeholder <strorng>%%USER_USERID%% with the [wpv-user] shortcode.

For example:

<p>The following user has been registered on the <a href="[wpv-bloginfo show='url']" style="font-weight: bold;">Refresh Rejuvenation</a> website.</p>

<ul>
    <li><strong>User:</strong> %%USER_EMAIL%%</li>
    <li><strong>Name:</strong> [wpv-user field="user_firstname" id="%%USER_USERID%%"] [wpv-user field="user_lastname" id="%%USER_USERID%%"]</li>
</ul>

<p>If you suspect you are receiving illegitimate submissions, especially if they don't result in a transaction, it is highly recommended you visit your <a href="[wpv-bloginfo show='url']/wp-admin/users.php" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold;">Wordpress Dashboard</a>, and delete the users from the database.</p>

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/#inserting-the-user-login-information-fields

That's certainly the long way of going about things. Certainly solves the problem I was having, though.

Perhaps as a request to the developers, can they make "%%USER_USERID%%" a selection in the UI under placeholders? I had no idea this was an option. If there's a reason why the user fields won't work in notifications, at least they can give us that.

Thanks for your help, though.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.