Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use [types field='name'][/types] shortcode and match destination style

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderS-9 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to use shortcode to insert type fields into some non Toolset blocks and also to use it with Toolset block like the button one for example. I want a mix of a dynamic field and default text on the button. So, when I use [types field='name'][/types] Click for more, it works just fine, only problem is that the types field got its own style assigned. I want it to have no own style, so it can match the buttons style. Thanks for the help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Given that you are using the shortcode itself, you will need to manually style the output in the way you want it. This is because it will inherit the default styling that your theme provides.

Thanks,
Shane

Is there no way to use a shortcode to output the field data that I want without it being wrapped in [php] tags? That would solve the problem and all would be fine.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alexander,

The only way to get the value without any tags is to use the RAW attribute.

Example

[types field='name' output='raw'][/types]

This will give you the direct output from the database.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

When I use that shortcode it doesn't work for example with the Toolset button block, it only adds an empty

in place.

It does work though with non Toolset blocks, like the default button or the stackable button block. That is good enough for me but feels still strange that it doesn't work where I would most expect it to work.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.