Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use Toolset map as a filter in archive

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to use the markers on a Toolset Map as a filter, once we click on a marker, the view should filter the posts that are near it.

Solution:
This is not built into Toolset. We, currently, can filter post by distance from the user location or a location entered in the location field. We can't filter from a marker.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
stock archive.JPG

From the screenshot it is an archive, each post has their address. Can I use a map as a filter? what it means is that user clicks a place on the map, then the search result will just display then post only. Can this be achieved?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suppose that you want to filter the archive based on a distance from a defined center, and you want to define the center by clicking on the map, right?
Currently, we only offer two ways to define the center:
- The address entered in the address filter.
- User location by clicking on the button (use my location).

If you believe this feature should be added to Toolset, let me know and I'll ask for a new feature, then our product manager will evaluate it and eventually schedule its development.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know your feedback, or let me know if I did not understand the question correctly.

What I want is that for my example, there are 2 placed displayed on the map, I want to click one of the place to do the further filter. After selecting a place on the map, the search result only appear just one record.

Jamal
Supporter

That's currently not possible. A view/map can be filtered by distance either from the search address field or the current user location.

But, If you click on a marker, you may have a little popup with more details about the marker's post.

1. in an archive page, how can I enter an address filter? What field do I add? where do I add? Any documentation about this?
2. Where can I find "use my location" button? I don't in a map in an archive page.
3. can I set up a hint text when a mouse stay on the place icon on the map? I want to show the custom field content when the mouse cursor stays on the place icon.

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-an-archive-template-using-a-map/

Jamal
Supporter

For support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have created another ticket and I'll be posting my replies on it.

If you judge that the original question of this ticket has been answered, please mark it as resolved. Otherwise, please elaborate a bit more and I'll do my best to help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.