Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use Toolset Custom Fields for filtering WooCommerce Products

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi.
I have created custom fields for my products to have professional data source for my customers. These fields are related to Products CPT and each group is for one product category. Now I want to use some of these custom fields to filter my products (on the front-end). I use Jet Smart Filters plugin for creating such filters. Please help me in addressing custom fields to smart filters.

These are the fields that I don't know what to fill in: "Custom Field Key" and "Query Variable".

For the Custom Field Key, I assume I should use the "wpcf-xxx" but what about Query Variable? My custom fields are mostly "Select" type.

I hope I have explained clearly but if you need more detail please ask me.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure what you are asking. You are asking how to use the Jet Smart Filters plugin?

I can't really help with that, I'm not familiar with it and don't know what it's requirements are.

If your custom fields are select type then the values are stored in wp_postmeta as simple text (for the stored values, rather than the display values if these are different. So if you had a "priority" field with an option that had a display value "Low" which saved the value '1', then the custom field stored in wp_postmeta would have the value '1', not "Low").

You are correct that Types custom fields are saved in wp_postmeta using a wpcf- prefix.

But I've no idea what to tell you about Query Variable, I'm afraid, you would need to ask the plugin authors.

You can of course create Views with front-end filtering.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.