Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use map to update or filter results / Search as I move the map

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a View / Custom search with:
1. Filters
2. Results
3. Map (results also displayed on the map)

Everything is working correctly, for example update the filters - changes the results & relevant map etc

My problem is - clicking on the map doesn't effect the listing results - so for example the listing results show: 50 listings, i click on one result on the map - the map zooms in but the 50 listings are still displaying - is there anyway that the listing results can be manipulated based on map selection?

I have added tooltips to the markers to help the user - again the problem is if there are multiple markers on 1 location, its not easy for the user to see the listings (for example: 1 property location: Ground floor, First floor, Second Floor) - the option to only show the listings that are relevant to the map would be key here

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

AIrbnb - hidden link
Whereby the user zooms in on a location and the listing results are updated (on the map there is a label ("Search as I move the map")

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

This is not possible to do, however, you can solve the issue with many markers on the same spot with clusters.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#grouping-close-markers-into-clusters
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/customizing-cluster-markers-with-javascript-functions/

We could file a request to allow the other part (use Maps as a filter, by dragging or clicking)
Do you have seen such features somewhere else working already?
It can be helpful for us to see them so we can have an idea of what is existing already.

airbnb_2.png
airbnb_1.png

Hi - a feature request or any advice would be great.

An example of the search function:

1. hidden link

From my research I can see:
hidden link

We need to listen to the "bounds_changed" event and then update the listing results to reflect the displayed boundaries of the map

For example:

1. Map displays london with 10 properties / sidebar property details shows 10 listings
2. Zoom in to map - map shows 5 properties / sidebar property details also shows 5 listings

At present all "London" properties are listed

Results can be changed by using the map distance filter but not via the act of zooming into a location on the map

Thank you for your consideration

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi James,

As Beda mentioned, this is not possible and as such a feature request ticket would be needed, if something like this is to be added.

What I recommend that you do is to open a new ticket and describe the feature request in details so that it can be assigned to the appropriate supporter to take it further from there.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.