Skip Navigation

[Resolved] use csv to upload to media library image, title, description and redirect url

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidm-13 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi is there a way to bulk upload images with title, description and redirect url (page that will be loaded when image is clicked) to media library using a csv file.
Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I believe it is possible, at least with WP All Import, which I have experienced for image uploads. There are two other plugins that offer Toolset integration as you can read in the following article.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

Just remember that WordPress offers a default custom type(Media or Attachment) that holds the images' data, such as the title, description, the alt text, etc. You can update this data in the Media Library hidden link

Hi Jamal,
Thanks for this.
I have csv importer, and need the names of the media fields in WordPress media library I want to import to.
Do you know the names of the fields?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

I believe that the title, the caption, and description are default post fields(title, excerpt, and body). The alt text is a custom field with key: _wp_attachment_image_alt

Thanks for this, a couple of questions before I try.

1) csv_post_type = media - right?

2) If I'm updating media library images, how do I identify (in the csv file) the image I want to update the details of and what's the name of the field holding this id?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

1) the Media post type slug is "attachment", the title is "Media".

2) Honestly, I don't know, I never used the CSV Importer in my projects. According to the plugin's page it seems that the default fields should start with csv_, for example csv_post_title for the title. So, I would bet that the ID field is either ID or csv_post_id. Otherwise, I can't really tell. I looked online for an example of updating posts using this plugin but I could not find anything. Sorry for not being able to help further.

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated

Think there's a problem with this support thread, only see your first reply here.
The rest I have to check my email.

Jamal
Supporter

Please clear the browser cache and try again. Try also from a different browser and share a screenshot of what you get.

However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need assistance with any other request/question.

Seems ok now, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.