Skip Navigation

[Resolved] use 2 wpv filters in the same product archive page and use autosubmit to reload

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot 2023-12-15 alle 09.33.40.png
Screenshot 2023-12-15 alle 09.33.33.png
Screenshot 2023-12-15 alle 09.33.25.png
Screenshot 2023-12-15 alle 09.31.25.png
Edit-WordPress-Archive-‹-ArteBambini-—-WordPress.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
i need to insert 2 custom filters (based on custom taxonomies i created with toolset types) and to reload the archive page with the corresponding products already filtered without a submit button, but just on input change when i select an option of one of the 2 filters

Is there any documentation that you are following?
some tickets, but what i found was older than 2 years and i found nothing really responding to my needs

Is there a similar example that we can see?
see screenshots

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean you want to filter the archive result without having submit button and when you change the input? if yes:
- what if your set the option "AJAX result update when visitor changes the filter value" from "Custom Search Settings" section.

Hello Minesh, yes i mean exactly this, but if i se the option like you say i get nothing happening. how can i find out why nothing is happening? do i need to include some specific JS? and what about the simultaneous use of 2 selectors?

Minesh
Supporter

What you mean by nothing happening?

Do you mean you want to show/display ajax loading image when you change the filter?

no i mean that i change selection and nothing get filtered, so the archive does not automatically reload to show only the filtered elements, try yourself here hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

When I visit the following page: hidden link

I do not see any items are loaded. It only shows white space in middle.

If you can share admin access details - I would like to review your settings and will check whats going wrong with your setup.

Edit-WordPress-Archive-‹-ArteBambini-—-WordPress.png
Screenshot 2023-12-28 alle 15.58.18.png

yes i just tried to use the auto load ajax method, but it ends up in not showing the items, they are in visibility hidden: is there something i'm missing or i'm doing wrong? see the screenshot of the latest setup and the complete screen of the global archive. now i will turn back to "manual transition reload"

Minesh
Supporter

Based on the screenshot you shared I can see that the archive is not attached to any of the post types or taxonomies.

Can you please assign the archive first to one of the taxonomies of your desire?

Also, I asked for admin access details so I can check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've created the following sandbox site and you can auto-login to it using the following link:

I've created the following taxonomy archive with custom search using ajax filter:
- hidden link

I can see its working as expected on the frontned:
- hidden link

After that I've also tried to create same archive using the classic view which you are using (AJAX) filter:
- hidden link

I can see its working on the frontend:
- hidden link

There must be some conflict as the archive is not working as expected.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and to ensure there is no conflict between the plugins/theme you use:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

What if you try to create a fresh basic archive and assign the product category to it and see if that works, if that works then it could be the issue that you assign the archive on fly using the hook that forces the archive dynamically to display based on some terms.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.