Skip Navigation

[Closed] Upload images files for customer user role doesn't work

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

When the customer user role will add images it doesn't work. He can't upload files. When the administrator upload files it works. The user becomes the information: An error occurred during the upload. Please try again later.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Can we get some more details from you to try and understand the problem?

Where are users uploading files? In the back end while editing posts or in the media library? Or using a front end form, uploading to a custom field?

Where does the customer role come from? Is it a role you created, or it is created by another plugin?

Can you please share the debug info for your site?

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

fehlermeldung2.jpg
fehlermeldung1.jpg

I have created the customer role by your plugin Toolset. They used a front end form and shouldn't seen the media library. The customer user should only upload the image.

When i use the WYSIWYG-Editor Media Button its not working by the customer role.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these details.

To troubleshoot this I'll need to see exactly how this form and the custom user role are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see the issue? Also, share the username and password for the test user with the custom user role, which is not able to upload the files.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hello,
your new Update for Toolset: Fix: properly load the forms library doesn't work. We have only the same problem. When the customer user role will add images it doesn't work. He can't upload files. When the administrator upload files it works. The user becomes the information: An error occurred during the upload. Please try again later.

When i use the WYSIWYG-Editor Media Button its not working by the customer role. We can't give you any login information or password. Kind regards

Thanks for writing back.

Although, I didn't have full information about the set up you have on your website, here are the details about the test that I performed on my test website:

1. I created a test user role 'Subcop' and set it to copy privileges from the most basic user role 'Subscriber'.

2. I then included a 'WYSIWYG' type custom field in the form to add a new post. Also enabled the option 'Include the Add Media button in the rich text editors from this form'.

3. For this 'Subcop' custom user role, the 'Add media' button was not showing above the 'WYSIWYG' field's editor, so enabled the 'upload_files' capability for this user role.
( From WP Admin -> Toolset -> Access Control -> Custom Roles -> Subcop -> Change permissions -> General capabilities )

After these steps, this user role was able to successfully upload the images through the 'Add media' button above the 'WYSIWYG' field.

Can you please repeat the same steps on your website and let me know how it goes?

In case the issue persists, and you can't share WordPress access details of your website, you can share the exact steps to reproduce the issue on a test website.

Here is a login link for a temporary staging website, where you can setup the form and custom role the same as on your website and see if the issue can be reproduced:
hidden link

fehlermeldung2.jpg

Thank you so much for your detail Steps. I have added a user in your sandbox. There it's work. But not of other homepage. We become all the time the same errormessage.

Thank you for sharing this update.

Do you mean it works on the our sandbox website, but not on your actual website? If that is the case, then we'll need to see how relevant elements are set up there.

If you're not able to share your website's admin access details, perhaps you'll be able to share its clone/snapshot. This way your website will be unaffected, while we'll troubleshoot this on the clone on our test server.

I'm setting your next reply as private and here is a guide on how to share the website's clone:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The topic ‘[Closed] Upload images files for customer user role doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.