Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upload an image from the mobile phone camera with Toolset forms

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has a form with an image field and he would like to trigger the camera on mobile devices when trying to upload an image.

Solution:
Accessing the camera is not managed by the browser, it has to be implemented by the mobile platform(Android). On Chrome mobile on Android, when trying to upload an image the phone suggests several applications, the camera included.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi, I've a Toolset form where the user can upload an image. Is there a way to upload the image directly from the mobile phone camera?

thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot_20210215-174754_Android System.jpg

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I run a small test with my Android phone on Chrome with a form that has an image field, and when I clicked on the upload button, the system suggested multiple apps to use, the camera and Files apps were among them. Check the attached screenshot.
I believe this feature is not provided by the Web application(WordPress or Toolset), but rather by the local application(the browser).

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes! You are right!
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.