Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating Genesis breaks my site – Screenshot and explanation included.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture.JPG

Hello,

I have had this issue before, but it has been quite some time. I have to update my themes and plugins, so I did that today with very poor results.

When I update Genesis, three new divs get wrapped around my Layouts containers, breaking the website. My Layouts output is set to be full width, but these new wrappers are added margins, padding, and width related issues.

The new divs that are being wrapped around my Layouts output are:

site-inner
content-sidebar-wrap
content

There should not be Genesis divs wrapped around my Layouts output. These three divs are specific to the Genesis content section, and should only be included on my website and/or page if I am using Genesis content output.

It certainly should not be wrapped around my Layouts output.

Is this a bug with the Genesis integration? Is it something you are aware of? Is it something that is currently being worked on?

For the time being, I am going to downgrade Genesis again, but I would love this issue to be fixed, as I like my sites to be up to date.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks!

Capture2.JPG

I just discovered another Genesis related section added to my complete website. This time the secondary sidebar has been added to my site outside of the site-container.

This was not there before, and now it is there.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I checked on this on our reported issues and I noticed that it has already been reported and a fix is being currently worked on.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Thank you for the update! I will continue to look out for this.

Cheers!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michael,

I'm marking this ticket as fixed in next release.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Resolved

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.