Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updates go into extended "maintenance" mode

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by William 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

So I just went to update Types to the latest 1.8.10 version and views to the latest version. The automated updates both shut my site down for over 10 minutes, and I had to reboot my server. I finally got everything on track but I am getting a message "An automated WordPress update has failed to complete - please attempt the update again now."

When I hit the attempt again link nothing happens. The plugins reflect the latest versions in my admin.

In addition, when you do an update please put the info in the changelog. The types update does not reflect what was updated. I believe I saw a reference on the plugin screen that the update included something to do with the installer.

IF this is the case, your lastest installer update has a bug.

Will Wilson

I apologize deeply the inconveniences you are facing due to this issue. I will try to help you as fast and effective as possible, so you can go on with your project.

It is correct, the latest Types Update holds a new version of the installer.

Although this should work flawlessly, there are situations where we needed to provide this filter to make it work, it depends on server settings most usually:

// in functions.php
add_filter('https_ssl_verify', '__return_false');

It can also be due to PHP or MySQL versions not fulfilling the WP requirements:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

To solve it quickly you can also manually update the plugin:

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugin for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Settings > Types Tools > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins
This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register Toolset Plugins for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wp-types.com (something like hidden link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-Toolset Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Toolset Bootstrap enabled.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

I already did a reinstall prior to your response. That took care of the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.