Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updated to Types 1.9 and it conflicts with wordpress 4.4.2

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

Sam

Hey, I upgraded to types 1.9 and it is conflicting with the admin area on WordPress 4.4.2.

When clicking to edit a page, the browser gets thrown into a state of freezing and detects a error with the jQuery in 4.4.2. Please advise on what can be done to fix this.

When Testing:
When types is deactivated, this error does not occur. When it is activated, this occurs despite which theme is being used

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

Plenty of our customers have updated Toolset and I took a quick moment to try and duplicate this locally. Types 1.9 was released after the WordPress 4.4.2 release and has full compatibility.

I have a feeling that you may be running into some old files left over from an old Toolset version. Delete all copies of Toolset plugins (you won't loose any data but always good to have a backup anyway) and install fresh copies from https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

As I've been unable to replicate this locally, if the issue persists try disabling all plugins but Toolset and switch to the 2015 theme and let me know if it still occours!

Your debug info will help as well:

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information to continue. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I look forward to your reply!

Sam
Capture.PNG

Hello, The problem still persists. I have removed the plugin and installed it manually via FTP. I only get the error when Types is activated, despite what theme is being used. I have provided an image of the firefox crash message.

This happens when trying to edit any post or page.

Sam

Also, can you please provide me with a link to the previous version of types?

I checked the changelog and it does not provide any links to download previous versions. This is high priority as the website in question requires constant changes to posts, as it is a consumer facing site. Please help asap!

Howdy!

Old versions of Types can be downloaded here:
https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/developers/

All other old versions are in your downloads page:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Once all back up and running, could I get a snapshot of your site so I can debug why the upgrade didn't work? Please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Howdy!

You can delete any plugin by removing its folder from the wp-content folder via FTP. If you can't delete the file over FTP, you'll need to ask your Sysadmin to fix your web root directory rights.

Sam

Sorry I think there's a misunderstanding. I can delete the plugin, but whatever changes it has made to my site and database are irreversible. This is an issue that looks like is well document but still unresolved. Do you have a method for removing WPML? Its supposed to intigrate with types and views but i believe it is causeing the issue.

Same issue on all my sites.

Sam

So its possible its not that plugin if Keith is having the same issue. I cannot update pages at all. The page just times out and asks me to kill the page.

Thank you for the helpful information!

I have sent this to our Tier 2 supporters for troubleshooting. We will be in touch soon!

Sam
imagefortypes.jpg

Okay, I think I have isolated and corrected the issue. KeithT-4 if you have parent and child relationships among your post Types, when you update to the new version of types, there is a change made to the way the child and parent relationships work. There is a preset that might cause issues if you have a large number of custom fields in your child post types. Basically, what seems to be happening, is the post type is trying to pull in far too many custom fields, and it causes the browser to crash. By limiting the number of custom fields that are being pulled in through the post settings, you can avoid this issue. Please see image that I have attached to this post.

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for sharing this, We have prepared a hotfix for this issue.

Please take a look at this ticket. I think this issue is the same as yours.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/receive-an-infinite-loop-on-post-edit-page-after-upgrading-toolset/#post-371765

Please try the fix and let me know your feedback.

Thanks.

Sam

We are now experiencing this issue. When trying to perform a parametric search. It was working fine previously but now out of no where we are getting this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/devmerittra/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/toolset/toolset-common/expression-parser/parser.php on line 1104

The line number "1104" changes on every occurrence however it always refers to the parser file.

Sam

Also, if a category is not selected, the search will return the parameter with a value of 0

(ie. /search-results/?wpv-category=0&wpv-location-information=botswana)

Is that a desired result? Would it not just not specify that parameter at all?

Hi Sam,

This issue is resolved in the latest Types version 1.9.1

Please backup your website and update Toolset to the latest version and test the issue.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.