Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update error message

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.95 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 9.18.58.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
This attached error message has appeared several times during Toolset updates. Then I turned off the plugin and completed the task manually, but there were errors on the Piatnik website, then I restored the page and tried again the next day and then the update was successful, what could be the reason? What do I do wrong?
Thanks for your help!
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Attila,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Given that the error message is not in English i'm unable to tell what it is saying. As mentioned you were able update the plugin normally after restoring the site.

Since you were able to update normally it could be a case where the connection to the server timed out while trying to perform the update.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Error message:
! Update error: {“success”: true, “data”: {“update”: “plugin”, “slug”: “layouts”, “oldVersion”: “2.6.9 verzi \ u00f3”, “plugin”: ” layouts \ /dd-layouts.php ”,“ pluginName ”:“ Toolset Layouts ”}}

There is a bit of a misunderstanding when I manually updated the plugin, the update was really successful, but the website fell apart ( for example: slider didn't work, bad was the font color), so I had to restore the previous day’s version. After that, I no longer dared to try to update the Toolset Layout.

Thanks,
Attila

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Attila,

Layouts has now been placed into legacy mode. I wouldn't recommend this going forward. I would suggest moving your Templates to Blocks.

Layouts will still get updated but not as frequently as our Blocks plugin.

Without being able to check I cannot say what happened to your site when you attempted to update.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.