Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unwanted fade to white in a slider if a condition is applied

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi.

I created a slider with some dynamic text on it.
at the end of the text I want to display the date in a certain way if the date is later than today, another way if the date is in the past.
when I remove this comparison in the loop editor, the slider is fading from one picture to another greatly.

If I introduce that comparison, I have fade to white between some pictures. not all...

Here is the code I've used:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-delivery-date) gte 'NOW()' )"]
<div class="mpg-delivery"><p></p><span class="mpg-txt">Livraison prévue en </span>[types field='delivery-date' style='text' format='F Y'][/types]</p></div>
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-delivery-date) lt 'NOW()' )"]
<div class="mpg-delivery-disp">Disponible dès à présent</div>
[/wpv-conditional]

Any idea why ?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Maybe this happens because of the closing </p> tag, in the following code, that does not have an opening <p> tag. As you can see, the first opening <p> tag has a closing </p> tag just after it, so the last closing </p> tag does not seem to have an opening tag.

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-delivery-date) gte 'NOW()' )"]
<div class="mpg-delivery"><p></p><span class="mpg-txt">Livraison prévue en </span>[types field='delivery-date' style='text' format='F Y'][/types]</p></div>
[/wpv-conditional]

If this does not help, I'll need to check this slider closely, let me know where can I see it? And let me know if I can have access to your website to check it also from the backend. If yes, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the access credentials.

I am not really sure what is causing this white screen while the slide changes. Bu, I wonder if using a different transition, such as slide left, would be a viable solution for you?

If you would like to keep the fade transition, let me know if I can temporarily switch the theme and plugins while investigating the origin of the white screen.

Hi Jamal,

We really would like to keep the fade transition as the slides are way too much of movement. We want to keep it, let's say, "minimalist", classy.

I switched to the basic wordpress theme and the fade is actually a fade of all the view (fade to white with my theme as my background is white), but the issue is still there .

The hiccup of the city name is still present with the other theme...

I really hope you will be able to help me...

thanks a lot,

Fabrice

The thing is that if you display the data in removing the conditional display of this "date" part, the fade to white doesn't appear...

Following all my tests, I discover that crazy thing ! Removing <span> tags solve the issue.
I really do not understand why...
If you have an idea, welcome 😉

Hi Jamal,

at the end I could get rid of the white flashes on the front end.

However in the back-end the 1st transition has a white flash and something else.
On the very 1st one it's like something is added I don't know where but the name in gold below the city name is too low where after all are ok even the loops. the 1st one which is not displayed correctly is displayed like it should from the 2nd round...

I really need your help on this...

Thanks.

Actually there should be a bug somewhere because even in removing my Themify theme, add a very simple view which is displaying only the featured image with no css on a blank page is doing the same effect.
So it can not be related to the theme.
I'm working only with Toolset plugin so it can not be plugin related neither.
The issue Waqar is working on is Views related too, maybe it's the same source of issue...

Jamal
Supporter

I can still see the white screen in the first slide transition and the second one. After that, the white screen does not appear anymore why transitioning slides. So, I suspect that it happens because the view is configured to preload and cache images and slides.

I asked my teammates to check, Waqar has already finished his shift, maybe he can check tomorrow too. Both of my colleagues(Christian and Nigel) do not see the white screen and we think that it does not happen for them because they have a faster internet connection than mine.

At the same time, because removing the span or the conditions do not trigger this issue, we think that the theme has probably some additional transitions that are affecting the slide. Maybe this style themify-ultra/styles/menus/fadein-down.min.css

The image sizes are optimized, so I would say that the issue is from a conflicting CSS.

To exclude the connection speed case, I would like to check this on a local copy of your website t. I have seen that you were able to provide copies for Waqar in previous tickets, so I wonder if you would like to provide a recent copy.

Dear Jamal,

Thank you so much all of you trying to help me.
I worked unsuccessfully all the weekend and all day long. I spent some time with the wordpress support engineer who takes time to look at it also.
As I let you know I've tried in switching the theme to the very basic WordPress one and the problem occurred too.
So in my opinion my last 2 possibilities are CSS issue or Toolset "bug".
I'll explore the CSS path tomorrow and of course let you know if I find something.
In the meantime if you need to download a backup copy, please feel free to do it. I'm very glad and honoured that you take my case seriously.
Have a great day.

Fabrice

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is not available at the moment. Let me step in here. Hope this is OK.

I checked the home page where I can see the slider at the top of the page and I do not see any white screen with any slide.
=> hidden link

Please check the following video:
=> hidden link

Nice to meet you Minesh.
Maybe it could good to have a feedback from Jamal as since yesterday I saw that some styles have changed.
I still have the fade in the back-end but indeed it seems it's not happening anymore on the front-end which is the principal.

Hi Minesh,

I'm sorry to ask you if you still does not see the fade to white in the slider ? I have this issue on my laptop and on my cell phone. I have a good internet connection, so it can not be that. That drives me crazy !

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I can see the fade-in works as expected with your slider view on the front page: hidden link

Would you mind to clear any possible browser+server cache if any?

Hi Minesh,

Caches have been cleared, no change.
It should cross fade and not fade to 0 before fading to the next picture...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.