Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Understanding Classified Site

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by terryP-2 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I would like to build a site with listings. I am trying to wrap my head around how the classified listing sites work. Do you have any diagrams or flowcharts as to how everything relates. Going through woocommerce tutorials it was explained how to make custom fields then assign to product. But in the classified tutorials the ad packages, the premium ads and free adds are all products. The listing is just a post type controlled by one of those products (?).
But were I get lost is how they relate and work together. So one of the listings I would like to create is for Restaurants so the core information would be a post type and then there would be 3 custom taxonimies -- cusine type, style and features. I want a frontend user form (cred). These would be possibly free but for the most part paid.

So for simplicity sake lets say all are going to be paid listings. How do I associate the listing post type with the woocommerce product. Or could I just assign the post type to woocommerce product... I dont know I am really lost been trying to understand this for many months I just do not get it. Any resources I am overlooking would be much appreciated.

To charge payment with CRED, you need 2 things:

1. WooCommerce Products
2. A post type, where the user submits or edits content, with a CRED Form

Additionally of course you need to install CRED Commerce.

Then you create a Form with CRED and check the "Charge payment with this form" box.
You choose a product that you previously created, and set the conditions and preferences of the payment.

This is all elaborated here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/

Please let me know if you need more help with this.

So let me run this down to make sure I understand.

In my restaurant listing example.
1. I create a woocommerce product called "Restaurant Listing" set the price etc..

2a. I create the Post type and related taxonomies.

2b. I create a user input form with cred.

3. I "tie" the cred form with the woocommerce product "Restaurant Listing" using CRED Commerce.

This is how to do this?

Yes, this is the process as we outline here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/ > Setting Up Payments with CRED Commerce

- Don't foget to configure WooCommerce, which you probably already did.

- Setup WooCommerce products, as per your needs.
The really critical attributes in a product would be its name and price.

- Create the CRED form for your Post Type

- Enable payment and set the product to "buy" when this form is submitted.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you again Beda. So simple. I probably overlooked this in the classified customization PDF.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.