Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to update any plugins. NOW WORDPRESS SITE IS BROKEN

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by janO-3 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Was trying to update plugins and got ToolsetCommon errors for each ATTEMPT

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (COMPLETE WORDPRESS SITE)

I expected to see: Normal behavior

Instead, I got: Update Failed: Uncaught exception: Call to undefined method ToolsetCommonEs\Rest\API::apply_script_data()

---> ENTIRE WORDPRESS SITE IS NOW BROKEN after plugin update attempts.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I haven't seen this particular message before, but from similar scenarios I'd say the most likely cause is a conflict with another plugin.

I'd suggest you try to confirm that by temporarily disabling all plugins, and activating the updated versions of the Toolset plugins.

If this succeeds, you can then re-activate the other plugins (you can do it in batches if there are many) until the error is triggered.

Let me know what you find so I can try to recreate the error or provide an alternative if that doesn't help.

I will try, but cannot login or access site. Will follow up later today with update.

Could it be CRED Front End Editor?

This is the plugin I updated before the error presented itself preventing me from accessing Admin login or any other WordPress page.

cred-frontend-editor

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Nigel is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Can you please try to delete all Toolset plugins using FTP and check if you able to get your site working? If yes:
- Then please try to install Toolset plugins one by one.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#installing-the-toolset-types-plugin

If above information does not help, please let me know.

Since CRED Frontend Editor update broke the site I deleted it altogether. The site came back up. I took this as an opportunity to perform other critical admin tasks prior to updating each Toolset plugin, which I have yet to do. Regarding the editor... is it required, AND what exactly is it useful for?

After your answer, I'll update Toolset plugs one by one.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Toolset Forms (CRED) plugin is used to build the frontend forms for post types, users etc..etc..

If you are not using forms with your site, you can keep it deactivated.

I determined that the CRED Front End Editor aka Toolset Forms was an older version pre-Toolset Forms. Deleting original CRED Front End Editor folder via FTP opened up admin access. This allowed me to perform other admin tasks. Afterward, I uploaded the CRED Front End Editor zip file to cPanel, then extracted it into a newly created folder in plugins folder. I then updated plugins as admin one by one (in this order) Types, Views, Access, Commerce, etc. Activated Toolset Forms and ... Eureka!!! Back in business!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.