Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to save relationship field when WPML is activated.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi guys,
On a website we have two post types: 'projects' and 'contact persons'. In a project we can store a related contact person.
When WPML is activated some projects don't show a contact person + contact person can not be stored.
Please open a private ticket so i can get you access to a copy of the live site with only Types, Views, WPML and TwentyTwenty activate.
Thanks!
Marc

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marc

Let me set up a private reply for you to share credentials...

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

First of all - I've created the following sandbox site and you can auto-login to it using the following link:
- hidden link

As you can see I've added the post reference test field to the following custom field group that is set to display with the post type "Personal Trainers":
- hidden link

When I edit any personal trainer post and add/update the post reference field:
- hidden link

I can see it's working as expected.

However - with your site I can see the issue.

Would you be able to reproduce the issue with the sandbox site I shared, if yes, would you mind to share exact steps I've to follow that should help me to reproduce the issue.

If you won't able to reproduce the issue with the sandbox site, that means there must be something wrong with your site. As I do not know your site history:
- Can you please make sure the post relationships are correct and now edited recently.
- Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
Do you see any difference?
- Do you know any other significant structure changes to your site for post-relationships or any other entity?

Hi Minesh!
Thanks for helping me. The error does not occur on the sandbox, so let's go to the second part of your reply.

- Can you please make sure the post relationships are correct and now edited recently.
The post relationships are correct.

- Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
That is already the case; correct? Meaning: error is not coming from custom code or conflicting plugins or conflicting theme.

Do you see any difference?
- Do you know any other significant structure changes to your site for post-relationships or any other entity?
No. There is nothing special about this setup. Giving a bit of direction; as soon as you disable WPML it is working.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Marc

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Then in order to find what's causing the issue I will require to have duplicator copy of your site.
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,
Sorry for the delay, hereby the Duplicator copy of the website:

hidden link

Thanks!
Marc

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Marc

Minesh is on vacation, let me take over here.

I'm going to take a look at your own site first to see if I can spot the problem, and if not I'll download the duplicator package you shared to take a closer look.

Nigel
Supporter

With the project you shared that is not working, I have found that if I add a person to the Contactpersoon reference field and update the project, in the database the connection is recorded. (It's a little tricky to track, as these tables are quite complex, but the connection is stored.)

But for some reason when you load the edit page it doesn't populate the select field with the existing contact.

Do you have an example of where this is working correctly, so that I can compare the two?

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to save relationship field when WPML is activated.’ is closed to new replies.