Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to Insert Fields into Views

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by catherineR-2 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 3.11.12 PM.png

Hi,

I had tested and set up Toolset on one of our sites, and now I was moving it to another. Both sites are on the same host and are identical. I exported all the Toolset settings and data from the first site and imported it into the new site.

Everything works, except inserting fields into views. When working on a View, I click on the "Fields and Views" button, it opens up the "Fields and Views Shortcodes" window where I can select what I want to insert.

But, no matter what I click on, the loading spinner displays and never disappears (see attached image). Nothing happens, even if I wait 10-20 minutes. This worked perfectly on our first site.

Do you have any ideas how we can begin to figure out what is causing this?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Catherine

If you check in your browser console I expect you will see a JS error, can you confirm?

It seems like something went awry when transferring your site. The simplest and least-prone-to-error way to transfer a site is with a plugin such as Duplicator or All in One WP Migration.

How did you do it? Am I to understand you went to Toolset > Export / Import to export your Types and Views settings and then imported them on the target site, and it failed with the above problem?

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your response. We couldn't duplicate the site since they have slightly different posts/pages, but we did go to Toolset->Export and exported everything (types, custom posts, etc.). The new site was a clean install regarding toolset.

There is a js warning: "[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience..." but that warning is also on the other site which works, so I don't think that's the cause.

Can you think of anything else we can try?

Thanks!

Also note that we had only some test views on the original site. We deleted those before exporting and importing, since we wanted to create the views from scratch. So this issue is only on new views.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can you upload the settings files you exported for Types and Views and share them via a dropbox link or similar.

I can try and import them to a clean site and see if I observe the same.

Hi, sure, here it is. It's only 20k.

hidden link

Hi Nigel,

We got it working! So I'll mark this as resolved.

We had a custom plugin that was turning on error reporting with

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

and that was somehow affecting the Toolset plugins. Not sure why that same plugin was not affecting Toolset on our other site, but anyways we commented out that line and everything's working.

Thanks!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.