Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to edit archive page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to create a new archive page, which I previously did for a different custom post type. The site allowed me to create a new page, but I am unable to edit it. Neither the "Edit with Block Editor" link nor the "Loop Wizard" buttons do anything. I also am unable to save the page after making changes from the backend or change Toolset's settings for whether to edit archive pages with the block or legacy editor (there is no option to save the changes and they do not persist if I navigate away).

This seems to be related to the latest WordPress update, but the issues persisted after updating the Toolset plugin (the plugin has not been updated in the staging site listed below, but the issue persisted in the main site after updating Toolset)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Filipe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I tried to test this on the custom archive that is on your website but i'm able to edit the archive and save with no issue at all.
hidden link

Perhaps you can try replicating the issue and send me a link to the archive when the issue is replicated so that I can see what is happening.

Thanks,
Shane

It does appear to be working fine on the staging site, but it is still not working correctly on the live site, even though I just created the staging site right before opening the ticket.

I could send you the login information for the live site, or I could recreate the staging site and see if the issue persists - which would you prefer?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Filipe,

If you can recreate it on the staging site that would be best, as this would indicate that the issue is replicable.

If you are not able to then you can provide the credentials for the live site.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to edit archive page’ is closed to new replies.