Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unable to display custom posts on category listing

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 10 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Not sure where i am going wrong with this. Have tried changing permalink settings, switching themes etc but still cannot get a listing of custom post types

I have created a custom post and told it to use the taxonomy 'categories'. I have created custom posts and put them in the category 'test'. When I go to the url .../category/test it says 'Sorry, no content matched your criteria'. Yet if I add a standard Wp post and give it the same category, it shows up in the listing.

What have I missed with the custom post type?

Hi Chris,

WordPress by default, only listing posts of build-in post type "post" in the category archive pages.
If you are going to display posts of custom post type, you can create a custom taxonomy to go with it and it will behave as you expect.

And you can try the solution in another thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/include-custom-post-type-in-category-search-archive-results/

Please let me know if you need more assistance to do it

Thank you - that's fine now.

Chris, Is this problem resolved?
Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

YES - I thought I had marked it as resolved yesterday. Thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.