Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to click Fields & Views or Toolset Forms buttons within the divi

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Annotation 2020-02-23 014308.jpg

Hi there, I am only using Divi and toolset on a brand new install of both!

When trying to click Fields & Views or Toolset Forms button within the divi builder, I am unable to open using these buttons.

Hello, can you tell me a little bit more about the problem?
- If you test using another browser, like Chrome or Firefox, is the problem solved?
- Are you using a tablet device, laptop, or desktop computer?
- Where is this text module? Can you share a full-screen screenshot so I have more context?
- What are your Bootstrap settings in Toolset > Settings > General tab?
- What are your settings for Minify And Combine Javascript Files, & Minify And Combine CSS Files, in Divi > Theme Options > General?

Annotation 2020-02-23 014308.jpg

Hi there,
I am currently using firefox, chrome and Edge. The problem is NOT solved.
I have a laptop and a pc which I am using.
Please see the screenshot.
Bootstrap = Toolset should load Bootstrap 4
Both Minify were enabled - Disabling these did not solve the problem

The buttons are there, as you can see, just nothing happens when I try to click on them.
Bear in mind, they do work in the wordpress editor, not the Divi editor.

Since posting this message, I have uninstalled wordpress and re-installed all plugins whilst downloading them again from the relevent websites.

Thank you for your time.

Strange, usually these buttons do not appear in the front-end editor because they are not typically supported. Are you using the latest versions of Divi and Toolset? Are you using Toolset Blocks or Toolset Views? I'd like to try to replicate this so our developers can be aware the buttons are appearing when they should not be.

Annotation 2020-02-26 102700.png

Hi Christian,

I am currently using the Toolset Blocks at the moment. Toolset Views will not activate on the site because of Toolset Blocks.

Please see the screenshot provided.

As said previously, I purchased Divi at the same time as Toolset and I re-downloaded all plugins after seeing this problem for the first time.

I can provide a Divi unlimited key, however, I presume you already have one.

I should note that on 'this' install, I activated Multisite.
However, the problem still existed on the old site without Multisite installed.
Clarifying just incase that would be your next question. 🙂

Okay got it, thanks. Thanks for the report and the extra information. When I had Views active and Blocks inactive, the buttons were not displayed. With Blocks active and Views inactive, the buttons appear. The buttons are definitely confusing, since Toolset's integration with Divi is intended to be limited to the backend editing experience. The integration does not support the frontend editing experience, so these buttons shouldn't even be shown. I will escalate this to our second tier support team to see if there's anything we can do to hide these buttons in Divi's frontend editing experience, preventing the confusion. Until they can be removed in a future release, please continue to use the backend editing experience if you want to integrate with Toolset's Fields and Views button and other Toolset buttons displayed above the main Visual Editor.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.