Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to add CRED Post form cell to layout in Layouts 1.8.8

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I try to add an existing CRED post form to a cell in layouts.
It does not work and some JS errors are present in the Console.

Solution:
It's solved in Layouts 1.8.10 and onwards
Please make sure to update the Plugin.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by tammot 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Edit_layout_‹_The_Yorkshire_App_—_WordPress.jpg

I am trying to:
Add an existing CRED post form to a cell in layouts (I have done this many times before so I understand how to do it - there appears to be a JS error in 1.8.8).

After selecting the form etc, I then press "Save and Close this form to return to the layout" and the loading spinner appears (along with the loading bar) and there's a JS error showing in the console.

I've shown you a screenshot which has the relevant information but here's the line of code that's a problem:

jQuery( 'input[name="ddl-default-edit-class-name"]', jQuery('#ddl-default-edit') ).val(css.css.join(',')).trigger('change');

It worked with previous versions of layouts so I presume this is relating to the recent 1.8.8 release. Please could you tell me how to work around this in the meantime (I need forms in my layouts!).

Thanks,
James

I have just removed the layouts v1.8.8 plugin and manually installed v1.8.6 and everything works perfectly.

I obviously get the "Updates available" notification but I can handle that to get what I need done 🙂

Yes, I see the problem.

Plese let me inform the DEV about this, so we can fix this ASAP.

I also tried different Browsers and in both FF and Chrome, the issue is present.

I will update you here ASAP with news, and thank you for reporting this.

Changing this ticket's status.

This issue was known for Firefox, but now extended to Chrome as well.
Our Developers are on it, meanwhile this is the Erratum (the old one) that we will update soon:
https://toolset.com/errata/issue-inserting-cred-cell-layouts-using-firefox/

Hi,
This morning I also updated Layouts to 1.8.8 and I cannot add CRED Forms in these browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Unfortunately I do not have a backup of Layouts 1.8.6

Older layouts versions are here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Click on the "Changelog" link under each plugin and it will lead you to the proper version to download.

This is fixed now.

It should all be working fine in the current Toolset Release.

Can you also confirm this from your end?

Hi Beda,

Thanks for letting me know. I've checked it on my installation and it seems to work.

Thanks,
James

Lay out bewerken ‹ Power Amersfoort — WordPress.png

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I also stumbled into this error. I want to make a custom form for posts on my site, I followed the instruction at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-form-cell/?utm_source=layoutsplugin&utm_campaign=layouts&utm_medium=cred-cell&utm_term=help-link?utm_source=layoutsplugin&utm_campaign=layouts&utm_medium=cred-cell&utm_term=help-link

but when I want to start developing the form I am stuch with a screen with the title:
Create new CRED Post Form cell which just shows a horizontal spinner.
I tried several times, waited more than 5 minutes, but no success.

How to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Tammo ter Hark

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.