Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to add checkboxes custom field in form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to add a "checkboxes" custom field to a Form in the classic (toolset) editor. I go to "Add fields" > "Custom Fields" and I try to add the custom field to the form. When I click nothing happens. This applies to all "checkboxes" custom fields. I have deactivated all plugins apart from Toolset and the issue persists. I have deactivated the theme as well and used Twenty Nineteen. Still nothing happens. Is this a known issue? This occurs both for WP 5.3 and 5.3.1.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just tested this myself and can confirm.

There is a JS error on the page when trying to insert a checkboxes field when in Expert mode.

I've escalated this so it can be looked at by the developers.

In the meantime, I see that it works correctly when not in Expert mode using the drag and drop editor.

If you already have customisations that would be lost by switching away from expert mode, you could create a new test form in visual mode, insert the checkboxes field, switch to expert mode, and then copy and paste the resulting markup from that form to your actual form.

It's only inserting the field in the form that has a problem. Once inserted, it works.

Hey, Nigel. Thank you. I can handle it at the moment. I have noticed something else as well. I have a "number" custom field added to a form. I see the number does not get saved when submitting the form. Would you please also check that?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just tested with a number custom field and found no problems, the value was saved.

The number field is a very simple text field, so I would be surprised to find problems specific to that.

If you have any more details, let me know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.