Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types select field translation with wpml not working after upgrading to 3.0

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have custom post type with select fields. I have wpml installed. The fields were translated using string translation, and working fine in displaying translated text on front end. I upgraded to toolset 3.0 and migrated my site as well. After migration the select field translation is not visible, and is displayed in native language.

Regards,
Khurram

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Khurram,

I have reports from our system that this didn't in fact worked before.

Did this work normally before you updated to Types 3.0 ?

Thanks,
Shane

types-select-translation.png

Yes it is working on previous version. I installed the backup and running parallel with toolset 3.0; On previous version it is working and on toolset 3.0 it is not working.

I have attached the screenshot of string translation page, where it is showing domain and field description etc. with translation.

Can you try reproducing same scenario on test server, with previous version of types and wpml. The translated string is visible correctly on other language pages.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Khurram,

I was able to replicate the issue and escalated this issue for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Khurram,

I see on our system that this will be fixed for types version 3.1 so there isn't anything else we can do here.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.