Skip Navigation

[Closed] types import errors

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I'm able to Export Types data. When I attempt to Import as XML or ZIP file I get a lot of error messages without importing anything. How do I solve?
Error parsing XML
StartTag: invalid element name
expected '>'
Opening and ending tag mismatch: object_type line 5521 and unparseable
Opening and ending tag mismatch: taxonomy line 5470 and object_type
Opening and ending tag mismatch: taxonomies line 2514 and taxonomy
expected '>'
Opening and ending tag mismatch: object_type line 5587 and unparseable
Opening and ending tag mismatch: taxonomy line 5536 and object_type
Opening and ending tag mismatch: types line 2 and taxonomy
Extra content at the end of the document
Data not valid

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2)
Could you please tell me exact steps you follow that will help me to reproduce the isssue.

your debug information

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

see attached

see note above

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry but I just see "see note above" comment from your side. I did not aware about that. I've removed your debug information form the reply you requested.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I can confirm this "bug"(?). Same issues here. Please look into this thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/bugs-in-parametric-search-javascript-ajax-in-views-2-1/

There you (supporters) will find a private message. It contains a download link and login credentials. With this you can investigate the export fails. Simply try to export types.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I tired of exporting your types and then try to import it but I got same errors but when I export types from my test install and try to import it on my another local site I do not face any issue.

I'm escalating to next level, Please hold on for more update here.

Any update, Minesh? I need to duplicate many sites with the same Types & Views created elsewhere. I wish too, that all the post types, fields, taxonomies, content templates, views, etc., had a Date Modified feature so I can tell which copy is the latest version across multiple sites.

Minesh
Supporter

We have try to resave the tags and categories on your site from:
=> Toolset => Taxonomies

Then, I've try to exported the settings and successfully imported the file locally. Could you please check now..

I'm still not able to import Types. I went to two sites (A & B) within my multisite. I resaved all categories and taxonomies (I have no Tags) of both the import and export sites. Cleared cache. I then exported from site-A. I tried to import into site-B when errors occured. Not as many as before but still prevents me from using this toolset feature. I tried same on several different sites. Is there another way to import/export Post Fields? Thank you! Below is errors:
Error parsing XML

expected '>'

Opening and ending tag mismatch: object_type line 5405 and unparseable

Opening and ending tag mismatch: taxonomy line 5354 and object_type

Opening and ending tag mismatch: taxonomies line 2567 and taxonomy

Opening and ending tag mismatch: types line 2 and taxonomies

Extra content at the end of the document

Data not valid

Minesh
Supporter

is it possible for you to send us duplicator package for your network sites?

More info:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

We recommend duplicator and if you are not sure how to use it, we have nice faq page that will help you to build duplicator package.

More info:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If you are not using dropbox etc.. you just upload the duplicator package files to some server or even on google drive and send the download link to me.

The topic ‘[Closed] types import errors’ is closed to new replies.