Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types 3.0 migration prompt does not appear

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 10 months ago.

Author
relationships-screen.png

I am trying to: migrate an existing multisite to the new post relationships in Types 3.0 as described in https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/

I expected to see: a prompt allowing me to start the migration when I go to the Toolset > Relationships page.

Instead, I got: just the normal relationships page without any prompt to migrate

Is there a known cause for the prompt not to appear? Can i start the migration in another way?

You will get a prompt to migrate only if you have Custom Post Connections on your site.
If there are none, no migration is required.

If you have Toolset Types active on a network you need to do the migration on each subsite, logically, as the Data would be saved on each single's site database.

I found no Post Relationships on your site.
Did you have some?

In that case, this can only be due to one possible problem:
- you had Types beta versions active and already did create relationships with
- you removed and switched back to a stable Types before the release
- you then updated to the Types 3.0 and now the relationship is considered already run as previously installed.

But in that case we would see at least some post relationships.
I see however none.

Did you have some relationships setup already? Please let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.