Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types 2.2.4 (fields-post.php) – trying to add a new post ends in blank page

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Angele 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,
I updated to the recent versions of Toolset. Whenever I try to add a new post (click on add ...) I receive a blank page.

After some investigations I could encircle the error.

I also disabled all plugins - only Types was active and switched the theme, the error persisted.

PHP error.log

[Sat Dec 03 15:32:04 2016] [warn] [client xx.xxx.xx2.83] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 1 passed to Types_Wpml_Field_Group::__construct() must be an instance of Types_Field_Group, null given, called in /xxx/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/fields-post.php on line 221 and defined in /xxx/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/wpml/field_group.php on line 35, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

When I replace the fields-post.php (wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/) of Types version 2.2.4 with the file of Types version 2.2.3 the issue seems to be fixed, at least I can add a new post then.

I checked this patch
https://toolset.com/errata/types-url-fields-validation-issue-cred-forms/
but this is not the solution.

Hi Angele,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

We didn't encounter similar issues like yours. So, I will assume that this is a specific issue with your installation.

The first thing I'm thinking of is that your installation.
Could you please provide the debug information to the thread so that I can collect some data about your installation? : https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please make sure that you have an updated version of PHP and mySQL installed to your website.

There is a possibility that the update you did went wrongly, you can delete Types and download it again: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks.

Hi Mohammed,

I asked for support from Nigel, is he absent? Would you please put him to this thread too, so I can ask next time again for Nigel?

Thank you for diving in. To shorten the process:
As I mentioned, no other plugin or theme cause the issue.
PHP version and MySQL are recent versions.
I installed Types more than 1 time, to ensure, the downloadpackage is not defect.

Please make the next reply private and I will sent you a downloadlink. Mirror of the website, made with duplicator plugin. Excluded the folder /uploads to make the installation as small as possible.

I have copied and pasted the debug information of the mirror installation on Xampp 5.6.23, where I get the same PHP error. On the live website is PHP 7 activated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Angele

Sorry, I think the post was automatically un-assigned over the weekend while I was absent.

I have taken on the ticket, but I recognise the issue as being the same as reported by another use on Friday, which I have already escalated to second tier.

I am adding this thread to the same escalated ticket.

I may get back in touch if they want a copy of your site for testing, although I already have a duplicate of the other site so it may not be needed.

I'll report back when there is some news, but in the meantime reverting to Types 2.2.3 fixes the problem.

Hi Nigel,

fine. Replacing only the file fields-post.php fixes it too. It has something to do with the wmpl funcionallity, these codesnippets are the only differences to the file from 2.2.3.

The update version Types 2.2.5 fixed it.

thanks guys!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.