Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Two instances of a parametric view with filtering on same page without conflict?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Simon 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a view with ajax auto update that are inserted twice on the same page/url.

The first instance list companies in a business park and the other instance list companies outside the business park.
All company entries shares the same custom post type and taxonomies.

The filter shows all terms in the taxonomy named business in both instances.

Settings:

View instance 1 (CPT companies), query settings:
taxonomy business which "list all terms"
and have
taxonomy business-type equal "in-the-business-park"

View instance 2 (CPT companies), query settings:
taxonomy business which "list all terms"
and have
taxonomy business-type equal "not-in-the-business-park"

On those occasions where the two instances share the same terms in the taxonomy business (the filter) and I click the filter in instance 2 only the instance 1 is updated.
I think that's because the two instances use the same URL parameter /?wpv-business=term ?

I tried to duplicate the view and rename the query paramter to another name but that did not solve the case either.

The example above is translated to english but a browsable example of the the two instances can be found at: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I checked the issue with my local test install with minimum set of plugins and I'm able to reproduce this issue at this end.

I will report this issue for further debug to next level support. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - we tried to change the URL param and this is working.

Could you please make sure that you change the URL param with Custom Filter shortcode AND at Query Filter section and the URL param name should be configure correctly for both section (filter shortcode and Query filter section).

If you see still issue, I would like to have access details to check this further.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - So I debugged the issue on your install and try to check changing the theme and I see with default theme 2017 and by deactivating the third party plugins Fusion Builder and Fusion Core - the view works as expected.

Could you please confirm - it works for you as well when you deactivate plugins Fusion Builder and Fusion Core and with default theme 2017.

It looks like conflict between the plugins you are using but could you please confirm first.

Thank you Minesh!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.